Practo Agent is a Java application that needs to be installed within the same local network where HIMS application is running. This application acts as a gateway for all communication happening between HIMS application and Practo platform. It provides the necessary reliability and security for all data transfers happening over an unreliable network between HIMS application and Practo services.
1) windows server 2008 R2 SP1 or above
1) Java 8 installed and JAVA_HOME set
3) Access to internet
1. Download and extract pract_agent_win.zip from developers.practo.com to temp directory
2. Create a directory that acts as the home location for Practo agent. Move to agent home location.
3. Move the contents of the extracted folder to the Practo agent home location.
1. Files: practo-agent.jar, agent.properties.sample, filebeat.yml.sample, winlogbeat.yml.sample, pacto-agent.jar, wsed.vbs, run_agent.bat, run_logger.bat, nssm.exe, CA.cert.pem
2. Folders: winlogbeat, filebeat
4. Create a dedicated directory within agent home location where agent application will store its internal data. Assign write permissions for this directory to agent application.
5. Configure various properties within agent.properties.sample and save it as agent.properties. Importantly, configure agent.data.dir with the path created in point 4) above.
6. Now from the practo agent home location created in 2) execute run_logger.bat
1. It will install and run practo-agent.jar as PractoAgent service
7. Now execute run_logger.bat
Note: Will need to logger key from Practo to run this.
1. Will update the paths in filebeat and winlogbeat configs
2. Run filebeat service to push java agent logs to practo platform
3. Run winlogbeat service to push application logs with providor "Practo SDK" to practo platform
8. Agent logs can be accessed within logs directory that gets created within agent home location.